Richard Lubliner has earned a reputation in the legal community as a zealous “bull dog” that fights for his clients’ rights by providing them with diligent, creative, and dynamic representation both in the courtroom — and in the boardroom. Richard previously worked in the New York City office of one of the top law firms in the world, Chadbourne & Parke, now known as Norton Fulbright, where he worked on large, multi-billion dollar restructurings and litigation involving, among other entities, Enron, WorldCom, and Eddie Baur/Spiegel.
As Managing Member of Lubliner Law, he brings over 20 years of experience representing both plaintiffs, and defendants, in state and federal courts throughout the country in litigation, and complex business transactions including, among other things, the sale/acquisition of gas stations, accounting firms, commercial real estate, offices of medical providers, and hotels.
Getting Clients Their Fair Share
In addition to fighting for clients’ rights, Mr. Lubliner has also testified as a “fee expert” in connection with prevailing parties’ recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs from the non-prevailing party.
From Taking the Lead in Litigation and Knowing When to Avoid it Completely
In litigation alone, Richard has represented clients through the gamut including litigation related to the financial service industry, RESPA, TILA, FDCPA, ownership/partnership disputes, breach of contract actions, financial services, real estate, Condo/HOA Association operations, partition actions, quiet title actions, litigation with the IRS involving, among other things, “PPP Loan” fraud, and equine purchases/sales. He has also represented a variety of constituents in Ponzi scheme and fraud related litigation, shareholder, and fiduciary, litigation, as well as bankruptcy/creditors’ rights.
Mr. Lubliner thrives in the courtroom, having tried many cases to verdict, but he also has the unique ability to resolve disputes before the initiation of formal litigation proceedings, saving clients time and money. Using his corporate/transactional experience, Richard provides sound business advice to clients and can often successfully resolve disputes before a lawsuit is even filed.
Guiding Clients Through the Corporate Structure – Navigating the Real Estate Process
Mr. Lubliner has represented some of the largest corporations in the United States in workouts and restructurings. He’s also represented a wide variety of clients involved in a broad array of business transactions. Richard has a knack for guiding individuals and companies through the transition from incorporation to operational status – a tricky process to navigate. In that same vein, he can help individuals and businesses in asset sales and purchases, and real estate transactions.
Niche Equine Practice
Over the years, Mr. Lubliner has developed a sophisticated, niche equine practice by representing Olympic athletes, polo players, and other individuals and entities in connection with the sale, purchase, and lease, of top, competitive horses. The equine practice includes representing purchasers of horses in lawsuits against sellers and veterinarians who misrepresented the suitability and soundness of a horse in connection with a sale.
The Attorney / Client Relationship
Devoted to his clients, Richard strives to assist them in achieving their objectives. A critical listener, Lubliner believes that the best way to nurture the client/attorney relationship is by having effective and continuous communication with them. That’s why each client is deeply evaluated during the consultation so that Lubliner Law can provide efficient and dynamic strategies uniquely tailored to each client.
Articles written by Mr. Lubliner have been published by national law periodicals, including the American Bankruptcy Institute. Richard also lectures on topics related to the financial services industry, Condos/HOAs, and the equine industry.
Richard is certified by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation to provide Board certification classes, as well as property managers’ continuing education classes.
Richard Lubliner received his J.D. with Honors distinguished in the Top 11%, from Emory University School of Law, where he was both a published author and an Articles Editor for the Emory International Law Review. While in law school he was the recipient of the Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, L.L.P. Scholarship.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 financial service company through a multi trial in connection with multi-count, multi-defendant, multi-million dollar plus claims that included allegations of fraud, conspiracy, and violations of state and federal law. As part of the lawsuit, Richard successfully challenged the validity of an expert, thereby precluding her from testifying in the lawsuit, a rare occurrence
- Prevailed in a year-long court battle involving a Coup d’état of a Homeowners’ Association Board orchestrated by the Board’s former President
- Represented a Homeowner’s Association in connection with the recovery of millions of dollars of misappropriated funds, as well as the law firm that represented the Association during such time
- Represented a multi-mullion dollar corporation in connection with its being subjected to defamation on websites including “Google reviews”
- Represented a corporation that provides security for municipal, and private, buildings, in Florida in a dispute involving one of the largest security firms in the United States
- Represented one of only three (3) national distributors of Verizon Wireless in connection with non-compete/theft of trade secrets claims
- Represented Florida charity that provides medical equipment to the needy in connection with a breach of contract dispute involving the charity’s purchase of its new headquarters
- Represented purchaser of a competitive horse in connection with litigation against one of the largest equine veterinarian clinics in Florida
- Represented a group of investors defrauded out of tens of millions of dollars in a complex mortgage Ponzi scheme
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Spiegel, Inc./Eddie Bauer bankruptcy case
- Represented multiple constituencies in the Enron related bankruptcy cases
- Represented corporations in connection with the elimination of millions of dollars of IRS penalties as a result of members of their Board having their identity being stolen to obtain fraudulent PPP Loans in the name of the corporation.
- Represented multiple individuals in successful racial, and disability, discrimination cases in federal court
- Represented a multi-tiered entity in connection with a “corporate divorce” of a multi-billion dollar Greek shipping company
- Represented an aviation company in connection with financial fraud perpetuated by several of its officers and employees
- J.D., Emory University School of Law (With Honors – Top 11%)
- B.A., Rutgers College at Rutgers University
- Admissions: Florida & New York
- US District Court for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- US District Court for the Southern, and Eastern, Districts of New York
- Member of the Board of Directors of Clinics Can Help, a charity that provides medical equipment to the needy
- Member of the Capital Campaign Board for JAFCO, a charity that provides homes for children that are removed from their homes
- Member of JAFCO, a charity that provides care, safety and support to children and their families who are impacted by abuse and neglect.
- Member of Leadership West Palm Beach Class of 2017
- Member of the Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
- Member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association Judicial Relations, and Business Litigation, Committees
We are experienced advocates that vigorously represent the rights of our clients. Call Lubliner Law (561) 207-2018 for a free consultation, or email email@example.com – We’re Here to Help.